Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Miss Responsibility

Sometimes in life you have these moments where you wish time could stand still. Where you want to soak up the moment. Today we had a moment like that. Thailee was student of the month and today was her special luncheon. We all got to come to her cafeteria and eat lunch with her. Thai requested subway, not school lunch. But the moment that I want to hold on to forever was last night I told her Dad might not be able to come because of a training at work, but that he would do his best. She started to cry and I told her it would be so fun cause Me and Easton and London would all be there. She said I just want my Dad. So when he got home she greeted him at the door with tears in her eyes and said "Dad please can you come tomorrow?" He told her that he wanted to be there so bad and was going to try and make it. They hugged and talked and for the rest of the night she was glued to his side. (which of course made his night) As she left for the bus she said "Love you mom, tell Dad I sure hope he makes it." My heart was pounding, if he can't make it she will be devastated. Well as you can see, her smile says it all. He made it. He made her day. We all had a great lunch. We are so proud of her and her hard work. But most of all I will remember the moment when she saw her Dad sitting on the lunch room bench holding her lunch, she ran to him and it was as if they were the only two in the room. Such a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That simply made me cry! I am grateful that my son is so important to his kids. He is a fine man and makes me proud. It is the good family he has that makes him what he is. Thanks to all of you!

Adam & Samantha said...

Aw, how cute! There is no relationship or substitute for a daughter's bond with her daddy! I am so glad he made it, she didn't seem like she would let it go! :-)

Terra said...

Dang - you made me cry!!! Such a sweet story and memory that Travis and Thai will always remember. Very cool. Way to go, Thai!

Blackner Family said...

Yeah so glad he made it too!! Congrats on student of the month!! Way to go Thailee!!

Sam and Josh said...

That is so cute. What sweet kids you have.