Can you believe my little girl is 9? Where does the time go? I guess between school projects, dance recitals, sleep overs, vacations, swimming, hiking, and playing they grow up! I could not be more proud of Kennedy. She is such a sweet and loving girl. She is SO much fun to be around! Which is no wonder that her birthday invite list kept getting longer and longer!
She has been so excited to have her Nancy Drew Mystery Party! It was really fun to plan too! We started out with invitations written in disappearing ink, you had to hold it over a flame to read the message! (very detective like, right?) Surprisingly only one Mom had to call and ask what it said since she burned it!
Once all 12 girls had arrived the party began! While they were making bookmarks someone had stolen ALL the birthday presents! So thus began "The Case of the Missing Birthday Presents!" (all of them gasped and their eyes got huge as I read the rest of the message) Hurry fast, time is running out! To help you solve this mystery you will need detective kits you'll have to think hard. But maybe all this thinking will make you hungry.....
Once all the detectives were equipped with magnifying glasses, notebooks, whistles, flashlights and crime scene gum the mystery was in full swing. They had to solve different clues to find the next clue. Some required the use of magnifying glasses...
some required fast quick like moves....
Others required some serious concentration...
Here she is reading her last clue. (Which she told me was her most favorite one.)
The clue said, Kennedy's favorite thing to do with her Dad. Obviously she ran here..
They solved the mystery!!! Phew, the presents were found! The Birthday party was saved! Nice work detectives! It was a great party!
The next day was her official birthday so we kept on celebrating and had everyone over for more cake and ice cream. She loved having everyone there to celebrate with her and she loved it even more when she saw all the Justice boxes!! Can't you tell?
Happy Birthday Monkey! We love you so much and look forward to celebrating many more amazing years with you!
13 comments:
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! Are you for hire for future birthday parties? Maybe not, I probably can't afford you. :-) Trav is looking good! (In a non-weird, not-checking-out- your-husband-type way)
so cute! happy birthday kennedy! I love the birthdayn idea and themes. Please help me when I have kids!
oh my gosh--great birthday party!! What fun! I love to do creative birthday parties for my kids, but it is SOO much work! Good job!
Happy Birthday Kennedy! Tea had so much fun at the party. She tells everyone about each part of the party - we had to tell her to leave out all the millions of details so people could get away! Seriuosly, though...nine years! Time flies.
OK - that is the cutest! The party and Kennedy. She is such a sweetheart. After watching her with Layni and talking to her for only few minutes at the park - I'd take her in a heartbeat. :)
.....and Miki....you got watch that girl! :)
...that would be GOTTA watch that girl. :) Great delivery - huh?
Amazing. Really. Your creativity just keeps coming out. Looks like quite the adventure for the girls. Loved celebrating last night as well. Kennedy you get get better and better as if that is possible. Happy Birthday. Love, Bubbs
Happy Birthday Kennedy!! You and your one are some pretty creative people. Sounds like a total blast!!
You are so talented Summer! The party looked amazing--I know it was. Fun to be with Kennedy on Sunday. She is way too grown up. Loads of love to her too!!!
Seriously?! Im the only one who burned the invite?! thanks for not mentioning my name. Ellie had so much fun. you are so creative. Im with miki, maybe you should hire your self out!
Seriously Summer? You sew and do amazing birthday parties? No wonder they took me off your V.T. list! I'm not awesome enough to be in your presence! :) So cute.
Happy birthday, Kennedy! Do you know one of the things I love about Kennedy? I love that she always has a huge smile for me. I have no idea if she actually likes me, but she sure makes me FEEL like she does! Her smile just lights up her whole face. What a great girl you have there.
Summer...where do I even start. Nancy Drew! Seriously! Way too adorable. Makes me miss you across my street even more. Tell Kennedy Happy late Birthday from the Lays. We love and miss her.
Post a Comment