Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mystery Man!

Sometimes trials in our lives come without warning, for reasons we don't understand. The hardest trial as a parent is when you have to watch one of your children suffer. Unfortunaetly Traivs and I have had to watch our little man deal with horrible stomach aches for the past 2 weeks now. After two trips to the pediatrician's office he seemed to be getting worse. He woke up Sunday morning screaming in pain. After a blessing he seemed to be able to cope with it. But it quickly became unbearable again. Feeling helpless we decided to take him to Primary Childrens Hospital to find out what is causing such horrific pain in our poor guy. After 8 hours of waiting, xrays, blood work, IV's, urine sample and many exams, they were all left puzzled. No answers. He was so brave. He let them do it all. We were so proud of him. After several trys to get the urine sample, he turned to me and said, "Hey Mom, can you sneak me out of here?" Fighting the tears back I said, "Yeah, buddy I'll get you out of here as soon as your better."
All the Nurses and Doctors fell in love with his charm. They were showering him with stuffed animals, blankets, and sneaking in copies of his "skeleton" for him to show his friends. Unfortunelty we still have no answers. All the tests were negative. He is now on prevacid to see if that will help before we have to do any invasive procedures. We are praying this will cure him!
Through the long day at the hospital I have learned so much. I have reminded myself that the floors can go unswept for one more day, the laundry doesn't have to be folded right now, and the little innocent hand prints everywhere show character. God gave me these precious gifts to play with, to teach them, and for them to teach me. So for now all the chores can wait. I will sit and play side by side a little longer, laugh a little harder, yell alot less, and fully relish in the moment everyday.
I thank Easton for being so strong in teaching me so much. I am so grateful he was able to come home with us, and didn't end up like the hundreds of families still in the hospital holding on to each day. He is amazing. He is so full of life and personality. He is a mini Travis and idolizes his daddy. He cried a tiny bit when they did the IV, and then turned to Travis and said, "Sorry I cried Daddy." He is so genuine and I couldn't imagine a second without him. Hopefully all this will be over soon, and he can go back to making every moment an adventure! We love you Buddy!

Here he is being so brave, with his new friend "tiger" and his favorite new blue blanket. Even when he feels awful he is still so adorable!

8 comments:

bubbs said...

YOU are the MAN Easton!!! What a stud you are. And you even made new friends at the hospital and brought home Tiger too!!! You have the ability to shine in the darkest places buddy. I can see why you were the nurses FAVORITE PATIENT!!!!

grammy said...

Easton - I love you so much!!! It made me so sad to see you lying there being so brave. I am so glad you are feeling better - I don't like it when you are sick!

Blackner Family said...

Easton you are such a big boy!! We are praying too that the prevacid will cure you!! Well said summer!

Anonymous said...

hey, i found your blog, hope it okay if I check you out! It was great to get to know you guys the other night! check out our blog: dawlings.blogspot.com

Terra said...

Easton - you are AMAZING! You are such a fighter and are so tough while still such a sweetheart. Hope your feeling relief this week, buddy. See you at Grammy day Wednesday!

Kris and Kelli said...

What a beautiful blog. It sounds like Easton is quite the trooper, and I love those little reminders of how good we have it.

Trish said...

Wow! Summer I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this. You are right, there is nothing worse than seeing your child suffer. I hope that they can figure out what is going on soon.

Tami said...

found you...

poor little guy! I love what you said about putting chores on hold...have to remind myself that, i think most mom's do. I gotta get Easton over to my place to play.