Sunday, November 22, 2009

Traditions!

I love this time of year! It is full of friends, family, food and tons of things to do! With the kids off track and lots of activities filling up the upcoming weeks we decided to pull out the Christmas decorations earlier this year. A favorite tradition around our house is sleeping under the tree the night we decorate it. So Friday night we all gathered around the tree reading Christmas books, watching movies, whispering and giggling until we all fell fast asleep under the magic glow of the Christmas tree. Somehow I remember this tradition to be much more fun as a child, I don't remember waking up a little achy and exhausted. The exhaustion and pain quickly went away when the kids woke up smiling ear to ear saying, "That was the best night ever!" So I am sure this tradition will go on year after year and will continue to kick off this amazing time of year.

3 comments:

Adam & Samantha said...

Cute tradition! I LOVE christmas time and I bet it is even more magical with little kids. I have to say, you and Travis are troopers for sleeping on the ground. I think Adam and I value our bed way too much. Kids could change that.

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME tradition!!! I love it and may steal it...

Terra said...

Fun times. I remember it being much more fun as a child, too! We slept under ours last night. Cute family picture!