Thursday, May 6, 2010

My girls living the New York City life!

My girls just got home from an unforgettable trip to the BIG APPLE! They spent the week living the NEW YORK life with Grammy, Bubba and their cousin Tea. Their stories have been constant since stepping off the plane. After a few tears and hugs they were on their way...

I already missed them as I pulled out of the airport! I missed them even more when I received this picture text of them in TIMES SQUARE.

You can almost see the magic of TIMES SQUARE in their little eyes! They were lucky enough to be one of few to climb to the crown of the STATUE OF LIBERTY (nice work mom) and become junior rangers! Here they are after passing the ranger test with their badges!


The view from the top of the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING

A much anticipated stop was the AMERICAN GIRL store! Here they are having lunch with their dolls


They LOVED sitting FRONT ROW to MARY POPPINS!

Walking around the CITY, buying new purses in CHINA TOWN, seeing CENTRAL PARK via a carriage ride, going to see Memphis on BROADWAY, buying $70 worth of candy at DYLAN'S CANDY STORE and enjoying a nice cup of tea at ALICE'S TEA CUP are just a few of the outings they experienced in one day.

Here they are celebrating my Dad's 61st birthday with hot dogs in CENTRAL PARK

Here a few of my favorite random shots




They had such an AMAZING time! I am so grateful they were able to experience this incredible CITY! And create memories that will last forever! Thank you mom and Dad! And thank you for keeping them safe as you walked out of TOYS R US at the same time the car bomber was there! It was so scary being a million miles away and watching the news unravel while my little girls were there! I am so grateful they came home safe and sound!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad they could have such a FABULOUS trip together. Maybe next time we'll be allowed to go!?!

G & B said...

We did have a GREAT time!! It was one of the magical trips that even we will never forget. Thanks girls for being so much fun and so easy to travel with! Love, Grammy

Megan B ♥ said...

#1. I am totally jealous of your girls. I want to go the American Girl store!!!! (Among other places!)

#2. They are totally ruined for Yellowstone, I'm thinkin'.