Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

So I'm not going to lie. Halloween is not my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great idea to dress up and get candy from all your neighbors. But when it starts a week early with school parties, family parties, church parties, dance parties, and by the time the actually holiday rolls around I am a little partied out. But I do it every year just see the candy satisfaction on ALL of their faces! So here you have our Halloween Week....
My parents kicked off the festivities with a super fun Halloween party.

(yep that's right my Dad is Superman!)
Next up was the school parade...
Kennedy the Lady Gaga inspired Rock Star.

Thailee the super cute witch

Easton the handsome Knight

London the adorable little Ariel

After the parade we grabbed the party supplies and headed to Kennedy's class to make the cutest little chocolate owls. It is always fun to watch her interact with all of her friends!

After school we got Gus in his costume...

(He was the star of the show! More on our new little guy to come...)
Then it was off to the trunk or treat.

The kids loved seeing friends and getting LOTS of candy! The next morning was the big day. So we filled their bellies with some yummy mummy food, in hopes to curb the candy appetite.

Then it was the moment they had been waiting for.... TRICK OR TREATING TIME!!!!! Not even the grey clouds and soggy weather could dampen their little Halloween spirits! They bundled up and were off...


Although they came home with a bout of frost bite they were grinning ear to ear! With Halloween being on Sunday I couldn't just let the day go by without celebrating it, so I left a little Halloween surprise on the counter for them! So even if Halloween isn't my favorite holiday I will forever cherish the fun times we get to share as a family! Now on to the "real" holidays!!!!! Yippee!!!

2 comments:

Terra said...

Your kids look great. I Love Easton's pose - always ready to fight off the bad guys! Happy Halloween!

Trish said...

Seriously... You go all out for holidays you don't even like. What's the deal... Super mom! Love the costumes! Btw where was your and Travis' costumes?