Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Elder Hartman

The day after Christmas was TJ's farewell. He was amazing. The chapel was filled to the max with friends and family supporting him. He is off to serve a LDS mission in Anchorage Alaska. The Alaskans are about to receive the biggest ray of sunshine ever! The only picture I got that day was of Elder Hartman and the future Elder Gunn.

Here we are with tear filled eyes as he was set apart. It was truly the most amazing blessing I have ever heard!

We headed down to California after we gave our last goodbyes. I'm pretty sure I cried till we hit st. George!
As if one missionary in the family wasn't enough.

My parents were just called to serve a mission in AFRICA! They will be Mental Health Specialists and help missionaries serving in all 11 missions on the continent. They depart on their 18 month mission on May 30th and will come home a few weeks before TJ! We are so excited for them and know that all 3 of them will touch so many lives!

2 comments:

Trish said...

That is AMAZING!!! you will love/hate having your parents gone. It has been really hard, but the biggest blessing for our family to have grandparents out in the mission field. Congrats!!! I didn't know that they were going. AFRICA...you will have to go see them for sure!!! Amazing

Megan B ♥ said...

I'm really proud of all of your family and the missions they are serving. What a blessing for those African missionaries to have your parents to rely on. What. an. adventure!