Then one night as I was blog stalking I thought wait a minute, maybe they are just mindless blog stalkers like me? Just enjoying peeping into someone Else's life. Innocently. And since I am not a big fan of private blogs I am going to keep this one WIDE OPEN! (for now) I might change my mind if the creepiness gets to me again, but for now enjoy the Gunn life.
Here is just a snippet of what we have been up to!
Taking to the hill to shred some serious sledding snow:
Fun trips to the New Fire Station to meet our new Fireman neighbors:
Loving them even more when they quickly respond to our carbon monoxide alarm!
Catching a little spring fever.
Enjoying a night together as a family as my parents read, "You have been called to labor in the South Africa mission!"
(the whole gang minus Kennedy, Matt,Bree and TJ)
But my favorite recent adventure is definitely our last second decision to head to Huntington Beach! Trav calls me on his way home from work Friday night and says, "Do we have plans?" I say, "Actually no, no babysitter, no parties, nothing just a quiet night in." He responds, "Wanna go to Cali?" Uh "yeah but What? Right now?" So we did! We packed up in 5 minutes grabbed the girls from and dance and hit the road! We booked a sweet hotel on the way down, called a neighbor to watch the dog, and we were off. We got there at 2 in the morning. Sleep for a few hours and then hit the beach...ALL DAY!
The weather was GORGEOUS!
We jumped on "the Mormon Family Bike" and rode up and down the beach. We had pandora blaring, the kids giggling, the bike bell ringing, and Trav and I soaking up every minute of it. Seriously so fun.
One last dip in the pool and then it was off to bed to wake up and drive home. The kids were perfect. It was the best weekend EVER! (Especially since one of our New Year's goals is to have more fun and be more spontaneous.)
So there you have it. A quick catch up. Hope you enjoy peeking into our family life.
6 comments:
Fun times!
Seriously want to go to the beach now. Cute pictures.
i LOVE that it was a spontaneous trip! it looked like a blast! i'm one of the LEAST spontaneous people ever so that would probably be a good goal.
i'm excited for max to go back on track...we've mmissed you guys and it is crazy how we don't even run into eachother without that bus stop!
glad you're doing good and that you're having fun!
I wish I was more like you!! I want to do something like that, too!
We are waiting for my parents to get their mission call, too! Congrats to your padres.
Couldn't wait to see how the beach was! NICE! Looks so fun. Keep it up. And post after St. George.
Love ya!
Such fun adventures! Every once in a while I move my blog address, and I took our last name out of the title. Helped my fears some. Just can't bring myself to go private.
Post a Comment