Thursday, April 10, 2008
A memorable moment
Last night we watched idol gives back as a family. As always it touched our hearts, but I was not prepared for Both Thai and Kennedy to be so mezmorized by it. When they talked about how just ten dollars will buy a mosquito net and save a childs life they both got tears in thier eyes. Kennedy quickly ran to her room and came back with a five dollar bill. Through her tears she said Mom I know this money is very special, and I have been saving it for a long time, but I want to give it to American Idol to save a child. Travis and I both lost it. So we logged on and bought 4 mosquito nets to help save 4 lives from malaria. It was so amazing that at such a young age she understood the amazing gift of giving. I was so proud of her and the oppurtunity we had to teach her that by her loving act she truly is saving a life. Definetly a moment we won't forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is the best. What a sweet girl you have!
Oh that story made me cry. What a sweet experience. Seriously, that is so touching.
It's amazing what impact a kids action can make!! You guys are definately doing a lot right with your kids!
Kennedy is a doll! So thoughtful and so kind to everyone!! Great example Kennedy!
That is just so sweet! It really is amazing that kids can understand that at a young age, how sweet! When it gets warm we really should get together at a park sometime with Erin and Terra and all the kids, it would be so fun!
So sweet! Kids just seem to "get it" a lot quicker than we do. So glad she is in your family to keep you from spending it all at Nordstroms! :)
Little Kennedy is such a sweet child. I love it. You will be glad that you wrote that down. That is definitly a moment to remember.
That is a precious story. What generous children you have raised.
Oh my gosh! She is amazing. How lucky we are to have her--and her example. Love you Kennedy!!!!
Summer that is so tender, you made me cry. Kennedy has always had a sweet tender side to her I love it.
Post a Comment