Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday London!

When we found out that I was pregnant with London I was absolutely devastated. We had taken such extreme measures to make sure we were done. I will never be able to explain the feeling of anger, frustration and complete despair I felt that day. I wish I could say it quickly went away, but it only got stronger as the months passed. I wanted to be excited but physically was unable. I cried myself to sleep many nights wondering why I was going through this trial. Then one year ago today when my doctor placed London in my arms I looked into her gorgeous big brown eyes and immediately was overcome with peace and comfort. She took my breath away. She had such a strong spirit about her. I can't help but think of the amazing miracle she is, and how grateful I am that she came into our lives. She lights up our world every day. Her smile is infectious and her laugh is adorable. Her chubby little legs are priceless. She glows whenever her sisters and brother are near her and can't get enough of her daddy. London and I have a special bond that I will cherish forever. I am so grateful that we have been blessed with her. I can't imagine life without her.
We had a fabulous day celebrating her birthday! Here are some highlights of the night:
Mommy and the Birthday Girl!

She felt like a queen in her new little chair!

She loved opening her presents!

She absolutely loved all her new clothes! What a girl!

Yummy! She started out slow with the cake, and although she didn't take handfuls she definitely enjoyed it!

Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate our little baby London! We have so much to celebrate! We love you gorgeous! Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

London is the cutest little girl!! It looks like she had an awesome birthday. I love the last picture!

Anonymous said...

You are so right about what a blessing this little girl is in all our lives. She is the frosting on the cake!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blackner Family said...

We are so glad London is here too! And what an amazing baby she is!! She's lucky to have you guys as parents!

Kris and Kelli said...

Happy birthday London! That's so fun. It's great that she enjoyed her birthday so much. i can't believe it's already been a year.

Trish said...

OK, You totally made me cry. I remember when you found out and you were devestated. Isn't it wonderful how the Lord works in mysterious ways and she is such a gift from God. Happy Birthday London. You are an angel!

Terra said...

She is such a delight. Just further proof that God is the one in charge! Her party was great fun. Happy Birthday, London! We love you.

grammy said...

I can't imagine life without you either little London! what a blessing you are to all of us! And who wouldn't adore those chubby little legs - just like her mom's used to be!!