Poor Travis has dealt with back pain many times in his life. Which isn't always a bad thing because when we were dating he hurt it really bad and was confined to the floor, so every night we spent eating on the floor and watching movies and talking until the pain meds knocked him out. The funny thing is this is when I knew I had fallen in love. (maybe it was the medication :-)) But the poor guy has done it again. He hurt it a few weeks ago running to the car from the nascar race, but after a little chiropractic adjustments he was starting to get relief, then he hurt it at work and nothing was helping! He has herniated disc that were bulging causing sciatic nerve pain clear into his calf. He has been so miserable!! He is on a ton of medication (which again isn't so bad, I think all BLUES should take some every now and then.) After countless nights on the floor, endless sessions at physical therapy he FINALLY had some relief today!! YEAH!! Let's just pray that it continues to get better each day! Poor guy needs a break (and me too! :-))
Here he is proudly sporting his FedEx gear and truck that the kids think is soo cool.

Thankfully this whole ordeal happened right as he made the decision to step out of the driver role and just manage his routes. Otherwise things could have been so much worse! We love you babe and hope the pain will continue to ease up!!!
8 comments:
Dang...that wholeordeal sucks for Travis, you and the kids. Hang in there. Hopefully things will just get better. Trav - you are in our prayers.
Back pain is aweful. . . crippling! Hope it gets better. Loved your comment about blues needing a little drugs every now and again - made me laugh :) And yes, I agree.
Relief!!!! For all of you. Travis, hang in there and Summer--you are the BEST for your love and care. You are in our prayers, all of you!
poor guy, nothing is worse than a hurt back because you are in constant pain and there really is nothing you can do! And you have four kids plus a hurt hubby! That's so tough! I hope he feels better soon!
I am so sorry. Back pain totally sucks. I hope you get felling better soon.
Yeah, I am glad to hear some of the pain is gone. You are a trooper Summer!!! Anytime you want to send some of that medication my way so JD can get some relief from my blue personality we would gladly accept it :) Hope you guys had fun at the Jazz game
Summer call me if you need to get out and get a Coke! Ha ha! You are an amazing woman. Poor Trav! You are an old man now!
bet thats not all you did on the floor :) ha ha just kidding.
IT sucks I know! Craig has had back issue after back issue too
Post a Comment