Thursday, May 14, 2009

When life gives you lemons....

Make lemonade for your family and a margartia for yourself!! :-) As you all know life around the Gunn house has been anything but normal. Trav is still in severe pain and just tries to make it through each day. Surgery was postponed due to workers comp crap. Poor guy. Hang in there a few more weeks! We were scheduled to take off (without kids) to the Eastern Caribbean to surprise my Dad for his 60th birthday! Sounds fabulous right? Well it was...by myself. I had to leave behind my crocked husband and four little monkeys. I cried for the first couple days whenever anyone asked how he was, but once my little toes hit the white sand and crystal blue water I was able to relax and soak in the sun.:-)

The kids were well taken care of by Sarah (our babysitter) and Trav was able to work and come home to happy kids. After a week of living the single life I came home to my little family eagerly awaiting my arrival! I missed them all so much! The best mothers day present ever was coming home to these adorable faces!

7 comments:

Miki said...

Yeah! You're home! We feel so bad for Trav, he's in our prayers. I'm sure he didn't miss much...(at least try to lie with a straight face). Happy Birthday to your Dad, I bet he was so surprised. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Lacy said...

Beautiful children, Summer! I agree, when life hands you lemons, have some fun!

Unknown said...

It was a great get away - do people realize that's not dad in the picture but your week affair? :) I'm sure your family is SO happy to have you back. I could see it in their eyes on Sunday!

Adam & Samantha said...

sarah said your kids are so well behaved, she loved them! that water in the picture looks heavenly, i am jealous! we hope travis gets better soon, he is a trooper!

Alisa said...

I am glad you were able to have a well deserved break to recharge your batteries!! You and Travis are troopers. Yeah Monday is almost here, so the surgery can get scheduled.

ShaLae said...

sounds like heaven! Sun, sand, no kids, no husbnad....... oops did I say that? just kidding of course its always better with the man.
Poor Trav! I hope he gets his surgery soon that has to suck!

Blackner Family said...

Such a fun time!! I'm still dreaming of Half Moon Cay! Loved that place and can't wait to ride the Flowrider one of these times that I'm not pregnant!!