Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A*M*A*Z*I*N*G

AMAZING that's exactly what Kennedy was today! Last week she won her class spelling bee and advanced onto the school spelling bee, where she would compete with other 3-6graders who had won their class bee's. I was soooo nervous. Kennedy on the other hand was very excited, maybe a little nervous. So at 9:30 this morning she sat on stage in her little third grader desk with all of the other third through sixth graders watching.....

They had them all write down the same word and hold up their boards when everyone was ready. They each had 3 cubes and when they missed a word the judges would take away a cube. After all three cubes were gone you folded up your divider, received a certificate and candy bar and the crowd would cheer for you as you sat back down. (yes I would tear up as each child got out, it was heart wrenching!)

She was AMAZING! She made it through 2/3 of the way. She was spelling words I couldn't even spell. Fifth and sixth graders were getting out before her. I was so proud of her! She was pretty AMAZING today! Now we are off to celebrate!

7 comments:

bubbs said...

Kennedy, I am so proud of you. You are amazing and just thinking of you facing off against all those kids makes me smile. You have a very bright future ahead of you little one. It obviously runs in the genes!!! :)

Nancy said...

That is so cool for Kennedy, your kids are darling, I hope Dallas gets to do that next year, he loves spelling too. Glad you guys are doing the Disneyland thing too, I just printed our vouchers out today, we're excited!

bubbs said...

I was so proud of you today!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful time with me. I love you!! I love that your mom now knows how I felt all those years ago when she was in the spelling bee!!

Melanie Hoopes said...

That is sweet - what an awesome kid! Taking on the sixth graders!

Blackner Family said...

YEAH FOR KENNEDY!! I am so proud of you and so excited that you did so awesome!! Way to go you smart girl!!

Anonymous said...

Kennedy, I am very proud of you. How absolutely amazing that you can take on 4th, 5th and 6th graders. But then, actually, I am not surprised because I know how awesome you are. We love you!

Terra said...

Kennedy - you rock! We are so proud of you and how hard you work in school to learn. What a HUGE accomlishment to be in the spelling bee. Way to go! Your mommy is so lucky to have you around to help teach your sisters and brothers how to spell! Otherwise, they would be able to spell MOTHER and that's it! :)