Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Easton's Big Day

Today was Easton's big day! His first day of Kindergarten! He was SO ready, me not so much. He asked me for a piece of paper while I was making his lunch. On it he wrote his name and phone number and our address. Then he shows it to me and says do you think this will make my teacher happy? I of course started tearing up, telling him how proud of him I was. He said then why are you crying?

Here is the handsome little devil all ready to go...

Travis and I drove him there, (Although I had to lie to him and tell him the busses didn't run on the way to school since it's the first day! It was the only way he was going to let me take him!) I snapped this one as they walked acorss the parking lot while London was still trying to get her backpack on to be like Buddy.

He was So excited! I was bawling, and Travis was beaming like a proud parent. (I guess we balance each other out. :-)) I spent the next couple hours wondering how his day was going. I was dying to hear all about it! Finally it was time to meet my little Kindergarter at the bus stop. So London and I headed up the hill with a plate full of cupcakes for all the hungry school kids.

In true Easton fashion he bounced of the bus and ran home. He loved everything about Kindergarten and can't wait to go tomorrow. Phew...

5 comments:

bubbs said...

He is going to set the world on fire. Love how he wanted to ride the bus and make his teacher happy. The best was when he said there were TWO Eastons in his class. I asked if he was Easton 1 or 2. He said, "I'm Easton 1 ofcourse". He is mr. social and will have such a great experience. The cupcakes were the topper. Well done!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens! He is true to form of course. I know he will know all the kids, and they will certainly know him. Glad it was so great and Summer, I'm sorry you cried!!! Guess you just love him a ton. You are an amazing Mom--that's why he is so amazing.

Terra said...

Love it! I can't believe he is already in Kindergarten. Where has the time gone? He is so cute and looked adorable for his first day. Glad you made it through the day. :) As nice as is it is to get a break, it is so hard to let them go!

Megan B ♥ said...

He did it! You did it! Congrats to you both :) I saw Easton at school the other day, walking down the hall in a line. He waved and gave me a huge Easton Smile. It made my day :)

Adam & Samantha said...

how cute! he is going to do great, but I can only imagine how hard it must be for you to watch your little guy grow up. You will have a lot of time on your hands now. .