Friday, July 8, 2011

Swing Batter!

Growing up at angels stadium with my Dad and Papa are some very fond memories I hold close to my heart. Nachos, cracker jacks, stories from Papa, good looking baseball players, amazing season tickets, I mean what more could a girl want? This was my version of baseball. Fast forward alot of years and baseball has a whole new meaning. You see I married a baseball player. I gave birth to a baseball player. And now I am a full-fleged baseball fan/mom! Now it is me buying the nachos, sitting for hours in the heat, keeping 3 sisters happy all while I try to watch/enjoy the game I love. Here is my little slugger at his first game of the season with his two buddies.

What a season they had! They were 9-1. Which is incredible! It may have something to do with the fact that they had one sexy coach! (I can't believe I don't have any pictures of them together!) But here are a few of my favorite ones...



Due to an unbelievable season Travis was asked to coach the allstar team!! He was beyond excited! It was quite the adventure. Once the draft was done, it was practice, practice, practice! They only had 3 days to get ready. Then it was tournament time! Playing 2 games back to back for 4 days in a row!! It was Pretty intense. Easton and Travis were in heaven!

They crushed every team they played. Then on the last day it was time to play our rivals. Emotions were high to say the least. We had had some run ins with this team before, but we were determined to play the game and win. Easton was the lead off batter, so this is Travis giving his boys a little pep talk

He steps up to the plate...

BAM....

They played the game of their lives. Check out Easton (the 2nd base man) making a play from his knees to get the out at first!

This picture is probably my favorite. The game was so intense I can't even describe the feeling. The last inning we were down 10-9. After leading the whole game, the boys were feeling the pressure. As they ran off the field for one last chance at the plate Easton and one of his best friends whoose Dad was Travis's asst coach ran straight for their Dad's in tears. I caught the coaches/Dads giving them the "you can do this talk! Pull it together and play some ball" Priceless photo...

Easton took to the plate, and had another incredible smack! Here he is leading off third to score the tying run!

We won the game 11-10!!!! The stands went wild! The players were rushing the field, and my sexy coach was brought to tears. It was the game of a lifetime!

Once we settled down a bit, we were informed that since our records were both undefeated we had to play aganist them again for the championship game in 15 minutes. We played another gut wrenching game aganist our rivals. Although the boys played so well we lost by one run. We were still all on an incredible high from the first game, that it completly overshadowed our one loss. So I am pleased to present The Herriman Mustangs who took 2nd in state!!!

My handsome slugger and his amazing Coach!

They are still soaking in thier victory! Wearing their State Champ shirts!

Even though the season has come to an end, my baseball loving boys still enjoy playing every night till the sun calls them home. I couldn't be more proud of my baseball boys!

6 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

great game! Makes me want to go watch a baseball game live again.

Terra said...

Those pictures are awesome! Easton is such a natural. What a great memory for not only you but for Trav and Easton to share. And I'm sure this is just the beginning!

Megan B ♥ said...

I had no idea!!! What an adventure! And he looks so cute in his tiny little uniform, hee hee! Go, Slugger! I love the Daddies-Sons pic! Congrats on a great season!

kami3 said...

Those are such great pictures. You set this post up like it was the World Series. Love it!

Anonymous said...

You should be a baseball commentator! Great play-by-play action. And my Monkeyshine and his Dad are truly amazing. I love them both! What a team.

Perschon Family said...

Wow! What a season! You got some AWESOME pictures!! LOVE LOVE that one of the boys talking to their Dads. Looks like you're going to have quite the baseball player!!! GO EASTON!! My sister married a baseball player and she has lived at the ball fields!!! So fun! (btw It was fun reading this post! It brought back fond memories for me (not of baseball...I grew up with 2 sisters but we loved softball!) I lived for the State Tourney each year...I clearly remember the emotions tied to it and the awesome feeling when we won games!