Monday, September 26, 2011

California 2011

Most of you know that we like to go "home" as often as we can. We love to hit all of our favorites and spend time relaxing and recharging. This time we decided to mix things up a bit. Which made it one of our favorite trips ever! I was a little hesitant when we decided to skip the big D land, but Travis reminded me we were just there in January. So here is a look at one AMAZING family getaway!
We started the trip with a trip to Sea world. This was a first for many of the Gunn's. The last time we were here Kennedy was one and I was pregnant with Thai. They all LOVED it! Such a fun day. Shamu was of course a favorite.

This picture was for Bubba since he loves penguins!

I guess we were so busy running around, that I only took 2 pictures! After Sea world we headed to the Padres game. We got there just as they were doing batting practice. Easton stood there ready and waiting with his glove. He caught TWO home run balls! He was already in heaven before the game even started!!

We spent the rest of the night and the next morning enjoying the majestic city of San Diego and then we headed off to a few of our favorites.
Huntington Beach, were we sat and watched hundreds of surfers. We named them and would cheer them on. We all had one favorite though..Big Budda. :-) Then it was time for a little BJ's Pizza. Ahhh, my life is complete now.

Then it was off to swim in the pool. The kids could seriously swim all day everyday. They swam for hours.

Before we knew it it was pretty late. So we put on the jammies, ordered some room service and settled in for the night as we watched the Utes crush the Cougs!

The next day we were off to LA. Easton's favorite player Matt Kemp plays for the Dodgers. Travis and Easton were beyond excited to see him play. During the first inning of the game Matt Kemp catches a pop fly, turns to the crowd points to Easton and throws HIM the BALL!!! Everyone was cheering! Easton was beaming! I was in tears as I watched my little ball player get the most amazing gift from his idol! So cool.

After some hot dogs, nachos and lots of sun, we decided it was time for the girls to have some fun. So we went to the American Girl store of course! They each found exactly what they wanted!

The next day was MY day! I was so excited. We were going PADDLE BOARDING!! It was the most fun I have had in a really long time! We spent hours paddle around the beach. The kids absolutely LOVED it. Here is Thai and Travis coming in.

It is for sure going to be a family favorite for years to come. Seriously so much fun.

When we weren't paddle boarding we were soaking up all the sand and sun we could!

After some lunch and a quick shower we walked around our favorite shopping place. Even the kids had fun!

I dream of the day we can retire in our quaint little beach home. Until then we will continue to let our kids experience the magic of a place I still call "home"

No comments: